Town Clerk's Office:


The office of the Town Clerk is one of the oldest in government. It is the information center and official record keeper for the Town of Hebron. The Town Clerk serves as clerk to Town Meetings, and is responsible for processing, maintaining and preserving the land record documents. In addition, the Town Clerk makes preparations for Federal, State and Local elections, primaries and referenda; tracks memberships on boards and commissions; records and maintains agenda and meeting minutes of boards and commissions; issues marriage and civil union licenses, certifies birth, marriage, civil union and death certificates; maintains town ordinances, maintains the vaults and is the keeper of the Town Seal.

BIRTH CERTIFICATES: Birth certificates are on file for anyone born in Hebron, or anyone whose mother resided in Hebron at the time of his or her birth.

Photo identification must be presented when request is made. If request is made by mail, a copy of the applicant’s photo identification must be attached. You may request a birth certificate for yourself, your child, grandchild, parent, grandparent or spouse.

Short form birth certificates (wallet) $15.00 per copy
Long form birth certificates $20.00 per copy.

Link: Request for copy of Certified Birth Certificate

Puerto Rico's New Birth Certificate Law

The government of Puerto Rico has enacted a new law aimed at strengthening the issuance and usage of birth certificates to combat fraud and protect the identity and credit of all people born in Puerto Rico.

Under the new law, all Puerto Rico birth certificates issued before July 1, 2010, will be invalidated so that new, more secure certificates can be issued.

Those United States residents born in Puerto Rico will be able to request and receive their new birth certificates through a simple process by mail or on line at starting July 1, 2010.
The fee is $5 but will be waived for people over 60 and veterans.

Applications are available at the Town Clerk's Office located at 15 Gilead Street, Hebron, CT. You may pick one up during regular office hours which are Monday through Wednesday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Thursday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.; and Friday 8 a.m. -1 p.m. For information, call 860-228-5971.

MARRIAGE LICENSE AND CIVIL UNIONS: Marriage licenses and Civil Union licenses must be obtained in the town where the ceremony is to be held.

At the Town Clerk’s office, the parties will fill out a license worksheet that requires general information about each person, including parents’ names/maiden names and the state or country of parents’ birth. The license will be typed while the applicants wait, and they will leave with their license in hand. It is then valid for 65 days and must be used in the town designated on the license. Couples need not be present at the same time, but both individuals must appear before the Town Clerk to sign the license.

License fee at time of application $30.00

After the ceremony has been performed, certified copies will be available at the Town Clerk's office in the town of occurrence, and subsequently in the towns of residence of both parties.

Photo identification must be presented when request is made. If request is made by mail, a copy of the applicant’s photo identification must be attached.

Certified copy of Marriage License $20.00.

Link: Marriage Lic Worksheet.pdf
Link: Request for copy of certified Marriage License
Link: Request for copy of certified Civil Union

DEATH CERTIFICATES: Hebron maintains death records for individuals that have died in Hebron, or for Hebron resident that have died outside the Town, but within the State of Connecticut.

Photo identification must be presented when request is made. If request is made by mail, a copy of the applicant’s photo identification must be attached.
Certified copies of death records are $20.00
Link: Request for copy of Certified Death Certificates

All dogs licensed in the State of Connecticut require a current rabies vaccination. The Town Clerk encourages everyone to license their dog by mail. Please provide the documentation and fee as outlined below, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. If you are licensing a new dog by mail, please also include your name, address, phone number, the dog’s name, breed and color, along with proof of rabies and neutering.

NEW LICENSES: Puppies must be licensed within 30 days after turning 6 months old. New dogs must be licensed within 30 days of obtaining them. You must provide documentation from the veterinarian showing the dog’s rabies vaccination expiration date. No licenses will be issued without this information. If your dog has been spayed or neutered, you must bring documentation from the veterinarian as proof.

RENEWALS: All dog licenses are renewed in June and become effective July 1. If your dog’s rabies vaccination has expired since the last time you licensed your dog, you must provide documentation (tags do not qualify) from the veterinarian showing the new expiration date. No licenses will be renewed without this information. If your dog is newly spayed or neutered, you must provide documentation from the veterinarian as proof.

Unaltered dog $19.00
Spayed or neutered dog $8.00
Late Penalty fee $1.00 per month.

TRANSFERS FROM OTHER TOWNS WITHIN CONNECTICUT: If your dog is currently licensed in one Connecticut town and you have since moved to Hebron, you can transfer the dog’s license for a $1.00 fee.

LOST TAGS: If your dog loses its tag, a replacement can be obtained for $.50.

Kennel licenses are available in groups of 10 tags.
Kennel License fee $51.00.
Late Fee for Kennel License $1.00 per dog.

It is now possible to purchase Connecticut hunting, trapping and fishing licenses, as well as all required deer, turkey, and migratory bird permits and stamps on the internet. For more information follow the link.

Link: or

The Town Clerk’s Office is an active licensing agent for the Department of Environmental Protection.

Prior license not more than 5 years old OR proof of successful completion of the Connecticut Conservation Education/Firearms/Trapping/Archery course must be presented in order to purchase these licenses.

Connecticut State Law requires that anyone conducting business under an assumed name (DBA) must file a Trade Name Certificate in the town clerk’s office in the town where business is being conducted.

All people who are authorized to sign on behalf of the business must sign their name on the Trade Name Certificate.

A Trade Name Certificate may be obtained from the Town Clerk’s office. Once it is completed with the business name and address, and the owner’s name and address, it must be notarized by a Notary or Town Clerk. It is then filed in the Town Clerk’s office with a $5 recording fee.

The trade name filing requirement does not apply to:
- Partnerships, if the partnership name contains the true last name of at least one of the persons comprising said partnership;
- Limited partnerships which have registered with the Secretary of State;
- Limited liability companies which have registered with the Secretary of State.
For additional information please refer to Connecticut General~Statutes Sec.~35-1.

If you require any additional information or would like more information about starting a business in Connecticut, please contact the CONNECTICUT LICENSING INFO CENTER at

Link: Trade Name Certificate Form
Link: Cancellation Trade Name Certificate Form

Internet access to the Town of Hebron Land Records is now available through US Land Records. This on-line service has been added for your convenience.

The indices to the Hebron Land Records are complete. Document images are available from 1988 to present time and the new daily recordings will be added as quickly as possible.

Images of documents recorded prior to 1988 will be added periodically as budgets allow and as grant funds become available. Be sure to check the certification dates when searching these records.



Recording Documents$53.00 first page
$5.00 each additional page of same document.
Recording Surcharge$2.00 for each conveyance with consideration of $2,000.00 or more.
Maps$20.00 for subdivisions
$10.00 for site plans, easements, boundary maps, etc.
Copy Fees$1.00 per page for Land Records and Maps
$0.50 per page of Board & Commission minutes
Certified Copies$1.00 per page for the copies AND
$2.00 fee for certification per document.
Documents with a

$159.00 Flat Fee: Assignment or Release of Mortgage when Nominee is Grantor.

$159.00 for first page plus $5.00 per additional page:  includes

             all other document types (Mortgage, includes Nominee

             as Grantee on Assignments and Releases)

To receive a veteran’s exemption on the assessed value of your real or personal property, you must file your original DD-214 certificate (separation papers from active duty) along with an Application For Veterans Exemption form in the Town Clerk’s office. You must file by September 30 to receive credit on the following year’s tax bill. A certified copy of your DD-214 previously filed with another town will be accepted if an original is not available.

There is no fee.

For further information regarding your exemption, please contact the Assessor’s Office at 860-228-5971/147.

Link: Application for Veterans Exemption Form

To register to vote in Connecticut you must be
- A United States citizen;
- Be a resident of a Connecticut town;
- Be at least 17 years old (must turn 18 before primary/election day);
- Have completed confinement and parole if previously convicted of a felony.

Click on the links below or contact the Town Clerk’s Office for applications at 860-228-5971/124.

Registration Application
Absentee Ballot Application
Voter Referendum Absentee Ballot Application

Connecticut General Statues, search by Statue title: Click Here

Individuals seeking to become Notaries should contact the Secretary of the States office at 860-509-6100 or the Town Clerk’s office for applications. Upon receipt of a Notary Public commission, a notary must appear before the Town Clerk of the town of residence within 30 days to be sworn in, the commission recorded and a sample of his or her signature taken. Optionally, the notary may record his or her commission in the town of business as well.

Original commission of Notary Public $10.00
Notary Replacement Certificate $15.00
Renewal commission $10.00
Change of name only $1.00
Change of address within town $0.00
Change of address to new town $10.00

On occasion the Town Clerk’s office is called upon to certify a Notary’s signature. This service is provided for a $2.00 fee.

The Town of Hebron offers notary service in the Town Manager’s office and the office of the Finance Director.



Contact us for more info


Contact us | View site map | Employee Email
News & Information
Bifurcation in ConnecticutClick Here.
Core Services InformationClick Here.
Town Hall Streams - View Board of Education Meetings Click Here. 








©Copyright 2009 Town of Hebron All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us